If you are working in an office, chances are high that there will be LAN (Local Area Network) or WLAN (Wireless Area Network). It is very common for business enterprises to use a share printer to cut down the operational cost and also to increase efficiency. These days many households also prefer to have shared printer to make the best use of less space. However not many people know how to locate and connect to a printer on a wireless network. Read the following instructions to learn how to connect to a network printer. You can also consult Epson Printer Support experts to get a detailed guidance on this topic.
- First look for a shared network printer in your office or nearby area. In case the printer is not shared, you have to share it.
- Click on Start from the task bar and locate Devices and Printers. Clicking on it will open a new window. In the new window, select the printer you want to share. Right click on it to open the Printer properties. In the following dialog box, click on “Sharing” tab. Put a check on “Share this printer” box. Put a “share name” and note it down to quickly locate it later. Finally click on Apply and select Ok to apply the settings.
- Open the Devices and Printers window again with the help of taskbar
- In this section, click on “Add a printer” option. Selecting this will let you find a printer that is closest to you in the wireless network and add it.
- In the following window, you will see two options. You can either choose to add a local printer or you can choose a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. Select second option and press Next
- In the following window, you will be asked to specify the printer that you want to connect. Click on “Browse for a printer” and select Next, which will locate the closest printer next to you.
- Once the search is finished, a list will be displayed with all the shared printers attached to your network. Select the printer you added to be shared and click on Next.
- Once you get connected with the shared printer, get a test page printed to check the connection.
Hopefully, you will be able to connect to a network printer now. However if you face any issue regarding the connection and installation of a printer, kindly contact our Epson Printer technical Support technicians of Printer Fixit 365.